Post the album cover of your most favourite band / artist (one picture per day)

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I have actually heard of King Crimson, EyeOdyssey! It's mainly because of Tony Levin's involvement with Liquid Tension Experiment, though. Dream Theater also did a cover of their song "Larks Tongues in Aspic Part II" on the following album:

229968.jpg
229968.jpg (37.29 KiB) Viewed 2665 times

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

The tenth album by Dream Theater and the final one with their founding drummer, Mike Portnoy. This album holds a special place in my heart because it's the first Dream Theater album I bought after becoming a fan of theirs in 2009.

This album is interesting in that it only has six songs. The special edition version of the album has six additional songs which are cover songs from bands that have influenced Dream Theater, including King Crimson, Iron Maiden, Queen, and others. Although this isn't my favorite album from DT, it's pretty solid overall. "The Count of Tuscany" is one of my all-time favorite songs by them.

SonicRainboomsXD
Kokoro Robot

Postby SonicRainboomsXD » 9 years ago

Owl City's All Thing's Bright and Beautiful! All of the tracks on this one are very interesting, that's why it's my favourite of his albums. Plus, his music seems more unique than some, that must be why he's my favourite male artist!

(I was so tempted to post Linkin Park instead, but I'll wait until another time ;) )
:hyo: "When are we ever going to stop fighting each other?!" :astro:

:heart: ~~~~~ :heart:
My Deviantart ~ My YouTube ~ My FanFiction ~

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I love Owl City! I think that albums one of my favs

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Only song I've heard by Owl City is "Fireflies", which is a pretty good song. This coming from a guy who generally doesn't care for pop music.

KICP91555.jpg
KICP91555.jpg (67.87 KiB) Viewed 2638 times

Vinnie Moore - The Maze

Solid album by the guitar virtuoso Vinnie Moore, and probably my favorite of his. Highlights on this album are "The Maze" and "King of Kings", but there isn't one song on this album that I don't like.

Also, you can tell this album came out in 1999. Look at that album cover! :p

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 8 years ago

Anybody like his song Now You're Gone? I do! His name is Basshunter! He is the best Trance DJ anyone has seen! This song has 2 well-known versions. For the original, click here! Original For the Radio Edit, click here! Video
Last edited by BigFox8 on Sun May 31, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:astro: On YouTube, I am CodeLyokoFan2002. Astro Boy is the cutest robot in town! :astro:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 8 years ago

[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

25412.jpg
25412.jpg (46.24 KiB) Viewed 2558 times

Power Quest - Neverworld (2003)

I will admit: this band is a guilty pleasure of mine. :lol: Power metal was one of the first genres of music I really got into during my teenage years, and Power Quest was one of those types of bands that I listened to quite often. I don't listen to power metal quite as much as I used to, but nowadays, I'll occasionally decide to listen to one of PQ's albums.

Neverworld is considered to be their magnum opus. Although I like the album after this one a bit more, Neverworld is an exceptional album. If you think metal is nothing but screaming, growling and darkness, then give this album a listen. It's one of the happiest metal albums you'll listen to.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

This album (Night at the Opera) was released in the summer of '75. As their next Album was titled "A day at the races" I'm sure that someone in the band was a big fan of the Marx Brothers!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 8 years ago

Jashumon - J.A. Seazer

This is an incredible album right here.
The songs in this record are actually fragments and sections from a Japan-based guerrilla theater production, the music being presumably the stuff that the different acts open and close on. The tracks in this are stylistically unique, fusing together elements of Noh Theater and Psychedelic Rock to make some of the most strange sounding musical works you could ever imagine. Some of the highlights of the album include: Kyoucho, Wasan and Kyojo Bushi.
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

That's a nice album cover, EyeOdyssey!

61278.jpg
61278.jpg (35.87 KiB) Viewed 2559 times

Universe - Universe (1985)

This is the only full-length album released by this Swedish heavy metal band before splitting up. They only ever released a demo with three songs on it after the release of this self-titled album. It was also released in 1985.

If there's one thing the Swedes are really good at, it's making heavy metal bands. This one is no exception. The album is fairly short; it only clocks in at 37-and-a-half minutes. It's a solid '80s heavy metal album with great vocals and great guitar melodies. Some songs I'd recommend listening to from this album are "Weekend Warrior" (my favorite song on the album), "Lonely Child" and "Burning Machine".
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Games & Role Play”