Atlas and Livian!

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Atlas and Livian!

Postby Meeshell » 8 years ago

Long time no post, last time I was here was 2009 showing off my interpretation of Livian for the 2003 series. Well I decided to do some actual art of the real Livian and her partner Atlas. These two characters have such a interesting relationship, history, story. Sometimes Livian looks truely sad to be with Atlas and watch him do evil things, but in the end they both "leave" happy. Great characters.

Anyway here is a work in progress sneak peak.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Great work! Can't wait to see the finished version. :)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Hm. Not bad! Their relationship has always been kind of... complicated; I'm not a fan of it, tbh. Or at least, not on the note it ended on. Atlas "grew up" to be a huge jerk. When he was still little, he was only kind of a jerk, and mostly because of ignorance and upbringing and such. I reckon he was redeemable, up to a point. One of my biggest peeves about their relationship, though, is that originally, Atlas asked Livian to be his mother. And then, cut forward to their improbable continued existence (especially Livian's; I mean it's sort of implied what happened but it doesn't tell you the how or why of it being possible); and whatever the heck this is. :|

I'm sorry; I rambled... It's pretty nice, though; all nicely detailed and such. :3
lolwut

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Hm. Not bad! Their relationship has always been kind of... complicated; I'm not a fan of it, tbh. Or at least, not on the note it ended on. Atlas "grew up" to be a huge jerk. When he was still little, he was only kind of a jerk, and mostly because of ignorance and upbringing and such. I reckon he was redeemable, up to a point. One of my biggest peeves about their relationship, though, is that originally, Atlas asked Livian to be his mother. And then, cut forward to their improbable continued existence (especially Livian's; I mean it's sort of implied what happened but it doesn't tell you the how or why of it being possible); and whatever the heck this is. :|

I'm sorry; I rambled... It's pretty nice, though; all nicely detailed and such. :3

No the ramble was interesting lol. Yeh I recall the mother thing, but they both "grew up" when Atlas rebuilt them so I guess that's why that was forgotten. Atlas just says she is most precious to him.

As for being a jerk, yes he is and it's not his fault. He makes a great villain because of this. I do like that he eventually stops being evil towards earth. After the incident with melting ice caps he seeks revenge on Astro and fails, but its thanks to Livian who convinces him to stop and just be with her in the crystal. After that he does not attack earth again of his free will. Then he has redemption. I love redemption stories (good ones anyway). These two are some of the best characters in the series I feel.
Last edited by Meeshell on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Something happened to first image and I cannot edit my original post sooooo

Here it is again

Update 2: Lineart and Colour Base done

Final step, all the shading and little details.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 8 years ago

awesome work
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

It's finished

Video of creating it coming soon.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

AWESOME!!! You are a very good artist! I'd like to see you do Atom and Uran next!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

I might consider it, this style is simple and good for practice. But which version, probably 2003 one.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

"Meeshell" wrote:I might consider it, this style is simple and good for practice. But which version, probably 2003 one.

I like the 2003 version of Astro the best myself, he's a bit TOO short in the 1980 version. It's hard to tell in the 1963 series, mostly because it was rendered in B&W, and too many animators had their hands in the mix, especially towards the end.

There IS one frame of Astro from that era that is interesting because it has the style of the 1963 series, and is in color. Astro appeared in one shot in 'Kimba the white lion', in color. I have a piece of that in my signature.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Fan Creations”