~Read this please~ Suicide Prevention

Off topic discussion.
Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

~Read this please~ Suicide Prevention

Postby Angel of the Stars » 8 years ago

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been on as often as I'd like to. But I'd like you to take the time to read this, please.

If you are feeling hurt, sad, pressured, betrayal, anxiety, depression, and/or suicidal at all, you can feel free to email. Whenever and where ever you are.
It may appear that this is random, but I have a really close friend who tried to kill herself recently when her family was at work and school. Luckily she failed at the attempt, and I've been trying to help her through her depression as well.
I don't want you to feel so horrible and so in pain you feel like suicide is the answer. I don't want you to feel alone and helpless. I really want to help you. If you want, you can just vent to me and I won't suggest a thing unless you ask me to. I know the feelings and moments when you just want someone to talk to and not give advice to you. Just to agree that everything sucks right now.
I'm not going to be one of those people who says to suck it up or try to be happy or any of that crap. I know how it is, but I want to make you feel like you are worthwhile and to make you feel happy.

If you'd like to talk, here's my email: i.will.listen.i.will.help@gmail.com

This email is specially made to help you with what you're going through, you lovely human.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 8 years ago

I lost my little step-sister Kyle in April. She argued with her mother in the morning and she hung herself in her room. She'd been depressed and on medications since she was 8yo.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I also am not a stranger to loved ones committing suicide as my adoptive-brother committed suicide over two years ago unexpectedly.

There also, for those who feel in distress, is this resource that lists suicide prevention hotlines where you can talk to a professional for additional help. This site also has help for those in lgbt community and need additional support and specific aid.

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
Last edited by Earthshine on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

"dannavy85" wrote:I lost my little step-sister Kyle in April. She argued with her mother in the morning and she hung herself in her room. She'd been depressed and on medications since she was 8yo.

I'm so sorry that had to happen :(
If you want to talk about it or anything privately just send me an email. I'm glad to help

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

"Earthshine" wrote:I also am not a stranger to loved ones committing suicide as my adoptive-brother committed suicide over two years ago unexpectedly.

There also, for those who feel in distress, is this resource that lists suicide prevention hotlines where you can talk to a professional for additional help. This site also has help for those in lgbt community and need additional support and specific aid.

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

That's horrible! D:

I've heard of that hotline too. I've suggested it to my friend but I don't know if she has called it at all or even thought of wanting to yet.

Earthshine

That's horrible! D:

I've heard of that hotline too. I've suggested it to my friend but I don't know if she has called it at all or even thought of wanting to yet.

The best thing you can do for your friend is be there for them, also telling their parents might be a good idea if you know them or even telling a school councilor that you are concerned for them if they are a school friend. You yourself can call the Suicide Prevention Hotline number of your country and get advice even though you may not be suicidal.

You can't make people do something they don't want to do, but what you can do is voice your concern for them and let them know that you care about them while exercising a healthy amount of caution if you truly believe they might take their own life.

Things can get really tricky and edgy when it comes to dealing with those who are suicidal because sometimes telling their loved ones that they are thinking about suicide can trigger them to panic and go through with it or they may feel like you "betrayed their trust", and oftentimes a bad home-life is the reason WHY they are suicidal so telling their parents or family might do nothing but accelerate their depression. Being cautious is very important so I highly suggest that if you have a friend that is truly suicidal that you yourself call one of the centers and ask for advice on how to help them (I am NOT a professional).

As for my own experiences with suicide it was really a shock. My older adoptive brother was always a bit of a goof but he was extremely resilient in spite of his horrible childhood - so no one ever saw it coming. However during the year of 2012 he experienced a sequence of losses and hardships that he had trouble dealing with. My family never received word about these troubles though because he had moved a state away with his wife so communication was infrequent, and he hated phones. We found out that he had hung himself in his garage a couple weeks after it had actually happened in January of 2013. We're still unsure of what exactly happened to him and why he decided to hang himself, and we probably will never know. The most baffling part of all this is his wife was a psychiatrist.

It still hurts, but we all have to move on.

TetsuwanToby
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TetsuwanToby » 8 years ago

I understand completely, a really close friend of mine keeps trying to kill herself. I've known her for a long time and don't want to lose her. But I try to help her but she locks herself up and doesn't talk to anyone. :(

Earthshine

Another resource for those who are in need of help is this site which allows people to talk to professionals via a private chat-based platform. This is great for those who generally have anxiety about calling and having to talk to someone, here they can essentially text and get help.

TetsuwanToby
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TetsuwanToby » 8 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:Another resource for those who are in need of help is this site which allows people to talk to professionals via a private chat-based platform. This is great for those who generally have anxiety about calling and having to talk to someone, here they can essentially text and get help.

That's a good idea! Thank you!
[sigpic][/sigpic]

100% pure cartoon fanatic

Return to “General Discussion”