DVD special on amazon-jp

Talk about all things Astro Boy!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Oh, I think I know what that is... I haven't seen it; mostly due to a distinct lack of quality English subs and general scarcity.
lolwut

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

I think that is the 20th CENTURY MYSTERY thing, in which the actors come together and celebrate :tezuka: ; then, the mystery happens, & they solve it.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I think that is the 20th CENTURY MYSTERY thing, in which the actors come together and celebrate :tezuka: ; then, the mystery happens, & they solve it.

I never saw that one.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 8 years ago

Yes I have this! I've haven't watched it the whole way thru yet, but it doesn't seem to be as interesting as "Marine Express" and the copy I have has a poor English subtitling. Wonder how the subtitling on this copy is?

I :heart: :astro: :)

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

The official releases don't have any subtitles, but there is a good fansub out there.
I'm on Twitter.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"F-Man" wrote:The official releases don't have any subtitles, but there is a good fansub out there.

I don't know what you mean by "official releases", but the copy I own I bought on eBay and it is a legitimate DVD, not a DVD-r/DVD+r.
I don't think it is a "fansub".

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;236061]The official releases don't have any subtitles, but there is a good fansub out there.

I don't know what you mean by "official releases", but the copy I own I bought on eBay and it is a legitimate DVD, not a DVD-r/DVD+r.

I :heart: :astro: :) [/QUOTE]

What you have is called a bootleg. :)
I'm on Twitter.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;236120][QUOTE=F-Man;236061]The official releases don't have any subtitles, but there is a good fansub out there.

I :heart: :astro: :) [/QUOTE]

What you have is called a bootleg. :) [/QUOTE]

Excuse, me, but "what I have is" silver on the playing side as are legitimate DVDs, therefore not a "bootleg".

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 8 years ago

Bootlegs are done by professionals since years already: they don't sell burnt DVDs anymore. Even if the DVD is professional-looking, the content may still not be legit.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”