Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AprilSeven
Silent Song

pencil animation of reboot teaser

Postby AprilSeven » 8 years ago

Not sure if this was posted here, didn't have time to check back - so forgive me if this isn't a new view on things. I like these sketches because they (to me) imbue Astro with more personality. :heart:

[url]https://vimeo.com/122894003[/url]

reboot_4.jpg
reboot_4.jpg (15.32 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

reboot_3.jpg
reboot_3.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 2497 times

reboot_2.jpg
reboot_2.jpg (28.72 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

reboot_1.jpg
reboot_1.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

If that's what I think it is, I've seen that before! Can't remember the circumstances, but eh. Pencil tests (or their digital equivalents, as the case may be) can be interesting to watch!

Kinda sad that we have to dig for things to talk about, though. February can't come soon enough!
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Alright, French speakers. I need your help again.

Shibuya Productions was on a TV show in France today and they talked about Astro Boy Reboot and Shenmue III. I don't think they talk about anything new regarding ABR, but just in case, could any of you translate what they said about Astro Boy Reboot?

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-emissions/c-le-tube/pid7549-les-sujets.html?vid=1322711

Also, on their MAGIC Facebook page, they gave this message, but I can't tell if they're saying that new images will be revealed for just Shenmue III, or for both Shenmue III and Astro Boy Reboot:

https://www.facebook.com/magic.monaco/posts/954893794578281

Shibuya Productions, la société organisatrice du MAGIC était sur Canal Plus aujourd'hui dans l'émission Le Tube. Au programme, Astroboy Reboot dont le teaser a été dévoilé en avant première mondiale lors du MAGIC 2015 et Shenmue 3 dont la diffusion de nouvelles images sera un des grands moments de la prochaine édition le 27 février prochain.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"So far we have scripts, we have a teaser, and the next step will be to announce which TV stations will join us in this adventure." That's literally it.

That quote is just talking about Shenmue for the images. "Shenmue 3 for which the reveal of new images will be one of the highlights of the next edition on February 27th."
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"F-Man" wrote:"So far we have scripts, we have a teaser, and the next step will be to announce which TV stations will join us in this adventure." That's literally it.

That quote is just talking about Shenmue for the images. "Shenmue 3 for which the reveal of new images will be one of the highlights of the next edition on February 27th."

Thanks, F-Man. That's what I thought the quote said, but I just wanted to be sure.

At least we did get one new piece of information: that the next bit of new news that we'll hear is which TV stations will be airing Astro Boy Reboot. As for when that will happen...well, time will tell I suppose.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Has anybody checked Shibuya's Facebook page recently? (At least I'm pretty sure that's the right one; I've been checking out Shibuya, MAGIC, and Caribara on FB every now and then for information bc I'm just that sad and bored waiting...) They've made a post about some kind of show where Astro Boy Reboot was one of the topics of discussion (non sequitur: whenever I have Facebook translate it, for some reason "Astroboy" gets turned into "Dread"); I can't watch it, though, bc I don't speak French! (Perhaps I should go back to Memrise... but the reason I left is bc they wouldn't let me stop "learning" Japanese. I may be wrong, but a basic understanding of French seems more attainable.)
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

I believe you're referring to this, LBF?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=946255252126344&id=277251422360067

I saw this yesterday, but I'm not sure anything new was said by Cedric Biscay in the video. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask our French speakers though; what is discussed in the Astro Boy Reboot portion of this video?

http://www.francelive.fr/france/france-live-club-18-homme-augmente-tennis-connecte-et-le-maitre-frenchy-du-jeu-video-japonais/#.VkyfML8epCH

The interview with Cedric Biscay begins at 8:45 and goes until 13:52. Astro Boy Reboot starts being discussed at 11:41.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 8 years ago

The only real interesting thing he says is that it should air around september 2017.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Huh. I wouldn't be surprised if the show came out in like 2035.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"fafner" wrote:The only real interesting thing he says is that it should air around september 2017.

*sigh*

Thanks, Fafner. I'm not surprised that the eventual release of ABR is getting dragged out even further. Maybe by the time I have grandchildren, I'll finally get to play Kingdom Hearts III and watch Astro Boy Reboot.

"Rejoyce" wrote:Huh. I wouldn't be surprised if the show came out in like 2035.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised either. :/

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”