2003 version Japenese dub with english subs

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
The Ferryman
Kokoro Robot

2003 version Japenese dub with english subs

Postby The Ferryman » 8 years ago

Title pretty much explains what im after.

I know there's a few threads on here about this subject, but they're all out of date, and im still looking for this.

So any idea where/how i can get my hands on it?

PS: I know there is a bootleg version hanging around out there, what im after is a perfect/close to perfect translation from Japanese.

Thankyou :heart:

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

Our rules prevent the sharing of illegal streaming or downloading sites or any unauthorized copies of Astro Boy, including fansubs.

I do however know that there were some official non-bootleg versions of most of the 2003 anime released, but I am not sure which ones they were. Other members here are more knowledgeable about those particulars and would know where to buy them.

As for 'near perfect' translations... I'm not sure if those exist even in authorized copies.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

The Korean DVDs have near perfect translations, but only cover the first half of the series and seem to be rather rare nowadays... Gmarket only has vol. 1 out of 6 right now (and don't pay attention to the 7-disc boxset, that's actually the 80's series). I did get extra copies of vol.1-3 (already sold 4-6) a while ago just in case someone would want to buy them from me some day.
I'm on Twitter.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

It's weird that it's so hard to get subs for some shows but not others. Is it because 2003 was more "Americanized" or..?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”