Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

I'm glad they announced the series as early as possible as I find it depressing when there's no known upcoming Tezuka products in the air. When that happens, how can we even be sure that there will ever be something new? Knowing about this or the upcoming DVD release of Dororo or the live-action Astro Boy movie keeps me going and knowing of what to expect in the future instead of just a deserted wasteland.

Plus why even be impatient for this when it doesn't look anything special. :whistling:
I'm on Twitter.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Um, excuse you? It looks pretty cool to me. :T Like, even if that was a joke, that was not cool; don't do that.

Um, I guess I'm glad they said something? Something to look forward to, I guess... Hopefully we'll get some good news this Saturday, and we start to get more forthcoming information after that (via the website and the infamous "newsletter", that does not produce much news at all). I suppose it would have been better if they were a little closer to release when they announced it... although I feel like it was supposed to come along faster than this, if the delays for the first teaser are any indication. :T
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I'm pretty excited for this new series whenever they do manage to put it out, the new style is refreshing and I like that sort of art style. But to each their own, what's exciting to one may not be so exciting to another.

Hopefully after MAGIC we'll hear something.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I... kind of sort of like it? I'm not sure if I was completely sold when I first saw it, but it's never really seemed bad, per se. And the animation itself is probably a strong factor into what will make the style beautiful... hopefully.

God I hope this doesn't suck.
lolwut

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

I wish they had given us a hint about the other characters (besides Atlas). We still don't have any ideas about Tenma, Ochanomizu, Uran, or (hopefully) Cobalt and Chitan! Not to mention the human friends such as Shib, Kenichi, Tamao, and Reno (or someone like them).
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Fanficlover99, please stay on topic and stop referencing that group. We got your point, but have nothing else to say about it.

Fanficlover99
Banned

Postby Fanficlover99 » 8 years ago

sorry,
check out my DA page
http://doctorwhovian1963.deviantart.com/ :hyo:
you can also check me out on fanfiction here https://www.fanfiction.net/~doctorwhovian63

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:I wish they had given us a hint about the other characters (besides Atlas). We still don't have any ideas about Tenma, Ochanomizu, Uran, or (hopefully) Cobalt and Chitan! Not to mention the human friends such as Shib, Kenichi, Tamao, and Reno (or someone like them).

I wish we had more hints of other characters, too. Even Atlas, who was only shown for a few seconds at most, and was only a silhouette, anyways... As for the others, idk if there will be any recognizable characters showing up, or even if there will be any analogues to them. Personally, I'm not too fussed if Uran doesn't show up, unless she's vastly out-of-character, and therefore much less obnoxious.
lolwut

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I think revealing the series so early wasn't a good idea, because with the lack of new stuff coming out the excitement is dying down. And it's giving me tons of time to think about what would make a good reboot in my opinion, which is probably not their opinion. I'm kind of hesitantly looking forward to the series. After the movie I don't know how far they'll stray from the original story, or if they do whether it'll be a good deviation.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

They have free license this time, so it's safe to say that the deviation will probably be pretty far. I mean, look at his design; even this suggest some drastic changes in how things are done. He's the bare minimum of what's recognizable. Actually, if it wasn't for the hair, and maybe the boots, he could be any character at all, really.
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”