Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

Tenma's redesign really struck me, at first glance, as an homage to his portrayal in Urasawa's Pluto. Like, just with more rounded glasses and thicker/more voluminous hair:

He does look a bit bonier, but so far, it's not bothering me. It's a better design than 2009!Tenma and NOWComics!Tenma, and that's what counts.

(Sidenote: so Skunk has eyebrows now??)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

I'd mentioned that he wore glasses in Pluto before. Actually, though, it's never stated why... and again, they kind of look tinted...

But yeah, the comparisons are sound. Although if you look at it the right way, the top of his head resembles how his hair looks in most incarnations, just from a front angle. It's slightly bizarre-looking.

Eyebrows, eh? I'm gonna have to take another look.

We are over-analyzing the crap out of this thing; look at what we've become... But of course, it is because the information thus far is rather scant! We'll probably get some proper information later, after the convention, like last time. Although it looks like it may just be a better look at the poster...
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I'm not sure if the green guy is supposed to be Skunk, in the picture that character looks like they are wearing a suit, and a very nice one. Skunk as far as I remember does not wear anything so corporate and certainly not that nice, he wears a type of suit but not anything like that. That character reads more seedy greedy politician to me than Skunk. I could be wrong though! This is so stylized it could be a whole new version of the character of which I will welcome.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Plenty of characters have played plenty of different roles over the years. So far as I know, this would be a new one for Skunk; but that doesn't have to be a bad thing, I hope.

I wonder if we'll get more information in the coming days. I'd like to see a nice, big, hi-res version of that poster to analyze, for instance... And perhaps some more character art? Concept art? Character profiles? Come on guys, give us something!
lolwut

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

I actually really like how Tenma looks. And the style of the other characters seems okay too.

That kid really does look like Tobio! Now I'm pretty excited for possible interactions between him and Astro!

And yeah, some concept art would be nice. Or if they finalized the designs, definitely some character sheets. Whelp, here's to hoping we get more info soon!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I am desperate and lack sleep, so I'm particularly irritated/anxious about this state of affairs. I wonder what they talked about when that poster was brought up?
lolwut

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

Yeah! I hope they recorded the whole session or something. When I asked on Facebook, they only briefly talked about the new character introduction and that was it. They MUST'VE explained something more than just one poster!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

I'm surprised they even showed a poster with so many characters. Isn't this coming in 2017?
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:I'm surprised they even showed a poster with so many characters. Isn't this coming in 2017?

When I shared the following video link back in November, Fafner said that Cedric Biscay says that Astro Boy Reboot will come out in September 2017.

Just to double-check, since you speak French as well, can you check this video between the 11:41 mark and the 13:52 mark and see if he does say that ABR comes out in September 2017?

http://www.francelive.fr/france/france-live-club-18-homme-augmente-tennis-connecte-et-le-maitre-frenchy-du-jeu-video-japonais/#.VkyfML8epCH

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:When I shared the following video link back in November, Fafner said that Cedric Biscay says that Astro Boy Reboot will come out in September 2017.

Just to double-check, since you speak French as well, can you check this video between the 11:41 mark and the 13:52 mark and see if he does say that ABR comes out in September 2017?

http://www.francelive.fr/france/france-live-club-18-homme-augmente-tennis-connecte-et-le-maitre-frenchy-du-jeu-video-japonais/#.VkyfML8epCH

I can confirm he does say for the "back-to-school period in 2017," and around the same time Shenmue 3 comes out. About what I expected for a new show. Still seems very far off.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”