Astro Boy (1980)- Remastered on AnimeLab

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 8 years ago

A proxy allows you to use a computer located somewhere else to browse the Internet, making you look like you are in another place than you really are. This may allow you to bypass regional restrictions. Please be aware though that the traffic of your browser will be redirected through that proxy, and therefore it may spy on you, or even modify your data. This can be done even if you aren't using any proxy, but this would require someone to pirate an otherwise trusted computer on the Internet, while by using a proxy you essentially trust anyone to do the job. You can search for proxy lists on Google, but keep in mind your privacy and security (make sure that when you are done you have successfully deactivated the proxy in case you changed your browser configuration).
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Oh! Sounds kind of useful, but also kind of a pain. I just used a thing I downloaded onto Chrome a while back. After it didn't work, I gave up on it. :(

I have no idea about security or anything on this computer. There isn't many options on that front for me, I'm afraid- even if it weren't for the OS complicating things, there's also the matter of I'm limited to whatever's free. :T
lolwut

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

Most, proxies are free.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

It matters not if it is free. What matters to me is security, or the potential lack thereof.

Also I've probably already used a proxy or something by way of the extension I was using, and didn't know it, so :P
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”