Video Game Music

Off topic discussion.
Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 8 years ago

I can't image. It's down there or something.

image.jpg

Hopes And Dreams from Undertale

The sound for this music does feel hopeful, even though it's boss fight music. But it makes sense if you know the story. (I'm not good at descriptions-- o~o)

I've only seen images, heard music, and read the plot about Undertale, but it's really awesome! It's got some 10/10 ratings (at least from what I've seen)!
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Undertale has some great music. I don't play myself but I know someone who's really into it.
Megalovania:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcoqR9Bwx1Y
Apparently Toby Fox wrote several versions of this song. Not sure which is my favorite!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

I too haven't played Undertale, but I've seen some gameplay of it. From the few songs I've listened to from its soundtrack, it seems like the music in the game is really good.

xenoblade-chronicles-wii_43328-1.jpg
xenoblade-chronicles-wii_43328-1.jpg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 4137 times

Gaur Plains - Xenoblade Chronicles (2010)

One of the major overworld themes from this game. I like it's high-spirited, adventurous sound. Good song to listen to while exploring the huge landscape you see in the above image.

I first played Xenoblade Chronicles about a year-and-a-half ago and loved it. I highly recommend it if you own a Wii and like JRPGs. Stellar game from start to finish.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Pokemon Kalos League.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5-07yknWY

Pokemon Y was my first pokemon game, so getting this far was really exciting! I knew a lot about pokemon since I was little, but I never played because I didn't get a DS until recently. Getting to the league was like making it official.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

Underwater Palace - Dokapon Kingdom (2007)

The theme that plays in the Sunken Shrine in Dokapon Kingdom.

I'm currently watching a Let's Play of this game by TheRunawayGuys, and they pointed out this theme and how beautiful it is. Underwater levels do tend to have pretty amazing songs in video games, and this one's no exception; it's got good piano arpeggios backed by nice orchestration.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Re: Video Game Music

Postby fafner » 5 years ago

Necroposting time :-P

I played a lot to Tales of Berseria recently, and while most of the soundtracks are rather forgettable the soundtrack of the Abbey is not. Warning: you have to love church music :-P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 5 years ago

Back from the dead once again I see. Perhaps I'll give a two for one deal this time....

Battlefield: Life or Death Struggle to Seize the Future - Etrian Odyssey V (2016)

Never played this game, but I've listened to a few tracks from this game and love the composition in each one. The band instruments with the saxophone is such a great combination; it's bombastic and energetic and I love every bit of it.

Counterattack - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

I cannot say enough about how great this game is. While it's not the masterpiece that Xenoblade 1 was, it does enough to provide a worthwhile experience throughout to keep you engaged. Well worth the money spent on it.

The music in this game is one of my favorites from any video game. All the composers did an excellent job composing the music. This track in particular plays during certain cutscenes with a lot of emotion. The orchestra combined with the electric guitar and drums provides an epic sounding euphoria that'll stick with you well after finishing the game.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 5 years ago

I'm also back! I love video game music (especially from Indie games and TLOZ) so I may as well share some I like

I have yet to play it but Ori and the Blind Forest has a fantastic soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeVFrt7BUyw

This may be considered a cop-out because it's a rhythm game, but the music from Deemo is wonderful. It's my favorite rhythm game, and it's still being updating with new songs and DLC. I highly suggest playing it if you enjoy that type of thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AKmMZYxhAQ

Return to “General Discussion”