Help Wanted: Astro Boy Comic Volunteers!

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Help Wanted: Astro Boy Comic Volunteers!

Postby Secretsivekept » 8 years ago

Hey all! I figured it was time I posted this. A friend and I are working on an Astro Boy comic, but its starting to get a bit hectic with just the two of us (plus our daily lives are starting to get in the way, impeding us from getting lots done at a time) so in order to speed things up we were hoping to get some volunteers to help us out!

I should mention that it's a Miraculous Ladybug AU, and deals with some characters from the movie as well as the 2003 tv series. I'm not going to reveal the entire plot just yet, but kind of think along the lines of Miraculous Ladybug (if you've seen/heard of that show). But some help would be really appreciated!!

What we're looking for are mainly background artists, color artists, sketching/ line-art artists, and extra writers to help with the story and make it more fleshed out/interesting. Just some extra people to throw ideas at.

If you're interested in joining, please send me some submissions/examples of your artwork/writing by a certain deadline, and then afterwords my friend and I will go through the submissions and choose which artists we think will work best for the particular style of the comic we want. Also, you don't have to just be one thing, you can be both a background artist/writer for example. Just show us examples of your work and tell us which field(s) you're interested in. :)

The deadline to send in your submissions is April 30th. :) You can submit below on here, in the thread :) If you have any questions, or if I wasn't clear with something, please ask!!

VVV (Below is a bunch of concept art I've drawn for the comic, to help give you guys an idea of what the characters are going to look like. Below is Toby/Astro Boy (Technology), Cora/Epsilon(Nature) Orrin, Toby's Kwami, and Daichi/Atlas.) VVVV
Attachments
atlas.png
atlas.png (231.93 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
kwami.png
kwami.png (145.63 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
Tobyref.png
Tobyref.png (200.11 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
epsiloncover.png
epsiloncover.png (338.13 KiB) Viewed 4008 times
chapter cover.png
chapter cover.png (307.13 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
Last edited by Secretsivekept on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

I like how you made Orrin as those small pixie thingamies(?). Your character designs look really fitting with the art style of the CGI show, with the changes in the clothes and face/body in general. Atlas was really well done! Side note but he kinda looks like Hiccup from HTTYD2 XD Now to think of it, Cora looks like Elsa...(Well she does have same voice actors with Anna?)

My art style is different from yours, and I have a lot less experience, but I wonder if I could do some help? I don't know what job I could do exactly, though.
Last edited by YJ_Doodle on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

"YJ_Doodle" wrote:I like how you made Orrin as those small pixie thingamies(?). Your character designs look really fitting with the art style of the CGI show, with the changes in the clothes and face/body in general. Atlas was really well done! Side note but he kinda looks like Hiccup from HTTYD2 XD

My art style is different from yours, and I have a lot less experience, but I wonder if I could do some help? I don't know what job I could do exactly, though.

Well, to be honest it doesn't really matter if your style is different; if you want you could help with the lining (drawing over the sketch) or coloring. Or even the story! Also, this is purely for fun and will hopefully help GIVE you experience. No previous experience required :3

(Haha, you're right; well, I have been heavily influenced by Hiccup so it was bound to happen XD )

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

I have a lot of experience:

http://commandereve.deviantart.com/gallery/32688035/Digital-Art

The problem is, that I struggle to draw in that style. I could maybe do backgrounds whenever I have some free time.

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

"CommanderEVE" wrote:I have a lot of experience:

http://commandereve.deviantart.com/gallery/32688035/Digital-Art

The problem is, that I struggle to draw in that style. I could maybe do backgrounds whenever I have some free time.

Your style is AMAZING and I think it would be amazing if you could help us out!! We need all the people we can get to help us with backgrounds, especially!

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

Sure, I will see what I can do. Just ask and we can have a virtual cup of tea over it. :lol:

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I'd love to help! Here are some Cora heads I drew yesterday.
I could also help with the story if you want, but you probably don't want me working on backgrounds.
Last edited by Rejoyce on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: whoa, giant picture

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

"Rejoyce" wrote:I'd love to help! Here are some Cora heads I drew yesterday.
I could also help with the story if you want, but you probably don't want me working on backgrounds.

These look great, Rejoyce!! Hey, do you think you could maybe show me some full body sketches, so I can get a better idea of what you can do? Also, if you're interested in helping with the story, send some previous examples of what you can do? :D

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

So this is a collection of my art I guess. The top four are from my sketchbook. The headless parachute guy is an old one, but one of my all-time favorite drawings. Mostly my drawing quality depends on the time I have available. I'm good at copying what I see, the charcoal drawings were copied from real-life setups.

As for the story, I'm not the best writer but I can plan out timelines and characters and do worldbuilding and stuff. My trouble is just actually writing it. So that's why I don't do fanfiction, aside from a lone document hidden on my computer called "Terrible Fanfiction Avoid at All Costs." Awkward wording is my specialty.

If you want, I could trace and color your art. Just be sure to give me specific instructions on how to do it. I'm new to digital art and I've just been winging it so far.

I tried to find more full-body stuff but I'm pretty sure most of my art ended up in a box and buried in the basement. This is literally the only human figure I could find that wasn't embarrassingly old and it's not even finished! :blush: I'm working on some fan art now though so whenever that gets done you'll have a better idea of how I completely lack the ability to draw hands.

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

It all looks awesome, Rejoyce!! (I especially love the head bust one!!)

Your art will definitely be taken into consideration :D

Return to “Fan Creations”