Live Action Astro Boy Movie (Official Upcoming Film)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Postby Secretsivekept » 8 years ago

It will be interesting to see what they do for the movie, wether they get a kid actor or not. Personally, I think they will get a child actor (like around 12 or so) but the whole aging thing IS going to be a bit of a problem…. Maybe they just won't make too many movies? lol

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

I am pretty sure it will be a one off, unless there is something I have missed. The age issue may not be as a big of an issue as people think. ;)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

They will make more if they think they can profit off of it. Think of how many Marvel movies there are now; I believe that this is an attempt to tap that same market. Superheroes are big these days, so Astro was, apparently, the next logical step. (Although it seemed to work for Iron Man, so I suppose I should reserve my skepticism.)

A movie that does well is likely to garner sequels, the way I see it. At least, as long as they don't run out of material/story ideas- which, with Astro, he already comes with plenty.

On an unrelated note, this reminds me of the Tintin film... I wonder if a sequel for that is coming anytime soon. I liked it.
lolwut

gokaiblue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby gokaiblue » 8 years ago

I do wonder if they'll cast an Asian or am American.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

considering Hollywoods track record I'm guessing he'll be American.

gokaiblue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby gokaiblue » 8 years ago

Interesting....do you think there'll be a backlash like with Ghost in the Shell?

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

"gokaiblue" wrote:Interesting....do you think there'll be a backlash like with Ghost in the Shell?

Tumblr's going crazy about that.
I guess it's up to the story than the cast, but it does upset me a lot when asian characters are converted into other races.
However it does occur to me that Astro Boy was inspired by Disney and judging character designs(I would honestly say there aren't any characters that look "Japanese" in particular) wouldn't be THAT strange if the characters were western. There's also the fact that the futuristic city in some of the AB adaptations are very diverse and could possibly be anywhere in the world. But I would like at least some nods to the fact that it came from Japan. I could see them making Atom(Or Tobio I guess?) Japanese American.

And more about the age of the actor, I think a teenager playing the role would be alright. One of my favorite shows, Steven Universe, has a 17 year old voicing the main character(Who is technically 14, however has younger traits because some complicated magical reasons). Judging by this interview I think the voice actor himself(Zach Allison) looks much more younger than his age. And for Jungle Book, Mogli(Neel Sethi) is 12 years old as well.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

There will also be a ton of new members joining this forum.

Tnarrud
Kokoro Robot

ASTRO BOY LIVE ACTION MOTION PICTURE

Postby Tnarrud » 8 years ago

My belief is that the ASTRO BOY live action picture will be be a full musical with the actors singing instead of talking all the way through, as befits a character of Astro's stature. The villain will be Atlas, who was once a normal human male but who has been forced into a super-powerful robot body to battle Astro honourably, with a new origin story created especially for the film.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I can't really imagine some of the characters singing! But that would be really cool.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”