Astro Boy Art and Videos Found Online

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

:shifty: A rather disturbing image, CommanderEVE; though it does represent an arc from the CHRONICLES OF ATOM. Thanks for sharing! :ninja:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

You are the second person to state that the art piece is disturbing (Which I can understand, as some users maybe very attached to Atom), the first being my roommate when I set this piece as my desktop background. I do not see it as disturbing at all, in fact, I see the romantic side of it. The best way, I feel this piece can be explained it through the words of the Daily Deviation suggester:

"A truly amazing Astro Boy fan art, with a unique blend of the mechanical mixed with nature. It's as if Astro blends in to the organic field. Nice use of lighting helps to bring the character to life. It is just beautiful. "

You are welcome, I am glad I have shared it with you.
Last edited by CommanderEVE on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added content (I keep doing this!)

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

From the manga story arc where Astro goes back in time and runs out of power to slowly rust away in a grassy field.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

"CommanderEVE" wrote:You are the second person to state that the art piece is disturbing (Which I can understand, as some users maybe very attached to Atom), the first being my roommate when I set this piece as my desktop background. I do not see it as disturbing at all, in fact, I see the romantic side of it. The best way, I feel this piece can be explained it through the words of the Daily Deviation suggester:

"A truly amazing Astro Boy fan art, with a unique blend of the mechanical mixed with nature. It's as if Astro blends in to the organic field. Nice use of lighting helps to bring the character to life. It is just beautiful. "

:blush: Oops, I totally forgot to mention that it was a very well done piece, though as I understand it, nobody we know drew it. As far as other things are concerned, it is interesting, though I never thought of Atom as biodegradable! :lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:From the manga story arc where Astro goes back in time and runs out of power to slowly rust away in a grassy field.

I see, so that is where the artist drew his or her inspiration from. You see, I have only read up to volume 5. I came back to the forum to rekindle my interest in Astro Boy.

"jeffbert" wrote:
"CommanderEVE" wrote:You are the second person to state that the art piece is disturbing (Which I can understand, as some users maybe very attached to Atom), the first being my roommate when I set this piece as my desktop background. I do not see it as disturbing at all, in fact, I see the romantic side of it. The best way, I feel this piece can be explained it through the words of the Daily Deviation suggester:

:blush: Oops, I totally forgot to mention that it was a very well done piece, though as I understand it, nobody we know drew it. As far as other things are concerned, it is interesting, though I never thought of Atom as biodegradable! :lol:

You got to be ecologically friendly these days! =D
Last edited by CommanderEVE on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

I don't know if anyone on here plays Minecraft (I actually don't myself), but I thought this video was interesting enough to share here. Someone made a mod of a character model of Atom and put it into Minecraft. There's even a download link in the description of the video to get the Atom character model and animations:

Minecraft mod Astro Boy Custom Steve Animations release

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxxKi71r2qwjaFNDVy1MUGc4VzA/view?pref=2&pli=1

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 7 years ago

I personally love how Atom dies that way, I think it's very fitting of him. Such a modest death, just fading into nature. I don't know, but for me it's much better than being locked up in a museum or being destroyed during a fight.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 7 years ago

YES, YJ_Doodle! When I saw Astro in a museum for the first time, it reminded me of human taxidermy. Just wrong.

I play Minecraft, I'll see if I can get this mod working! :)

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 7 years ago

:D Ochanomizu has a rather evil look about him.

Return to “Fan Creations”