New Smilies?

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Juanita
On a Flight into Space

New Smilies?

Postby Juanita » 7 years ago

Right off the bat I'm gonna say that I understand there can't be more smilies added without the owner's permission so I'm not expecting there to be new smilies in the smilies box. I do, however, think it might be a fun little project to have some member-made smilies in a thread that people can come back to and copy into their messages.
I was thinking of trying to make some myself for some expressions we don't have (like the sweat drop/nervous emoji). I was thinking more Astro heads in particular. Not sure how we'd be able to make it so people could use them tho... That'd be the main issue.
Anyone interested? I think it could be a fun community project :)

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

Well we could add some for other Tezuka characters such as Blackjack, Pinoco, Uran, Mustachio, etc. We do have one for Ochanomizu, but I forget how to enter it, as it's a hidden feature.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Oh yeah that'd be nice too! If you go the the "go advanced" button then click "more" on the smilies box Ochanomisu is on the very bottom. :o cha:

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

"Juanita" wrote:Oh yeah that'd be nice too! If you go the the "go advanced" button then click "more" on the smilies box Ochanomisu is on the very bottom. :o cha:

Ah beat me to it :P I started typing a reply but I had to get ready and leave for school. I guess either way, it's : ocha : , depending on who finds it more convenient to click the emoji or type the emoji

Anyway, I think this is a great idea! DeviantArt does something similar, but I don't really know how it works there and it's possible that feature was built in since it's a website specifically for people sharing their art. But I think the main thing is getting the images up on a website that we can trust will continue to host the images (Photobucket seems to be this way but navigating that site to upload pictures is laggy as heck) and decide a preferred pixel size for the emojis (something similar to the size of the existing emojis). Also, if the mods agree, maybe we can have a sticky for the extra emojis so they're easy to find.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

Moved this thread to Fan Creations since new custom-made emojis are...well...fan creations.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys make! Who knows...maybe some of them could actually become smileys in the future. ;)

I know the Tetsuwan April art challenge is just around the corner; perhaps you guys could make/post smileys for certain characters during that.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Shiyonasan" wrote:I know the Tetsuwan April art challenge is just around the corner; perhaps you guys could make/post smileys for certain characters during that.

YES, I like that idea :w00t:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Oh yeah that's a good idea!
There's two thing I can think of for being able to use them, but only one seems to be possible at this point:
1. We put links to the images on a hosting site like Kitty suggested and the user just copies the link to use like a regular image.
2. We get the code for the site and edit the smilies section to include the new images and keywords for them. It should be pretty easy, but that requires actually being able to edit the code which doesn't seem possible at this point...

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Juanita" wrote:Oh yeah that's a good idea!
There's two thing I can think of for being able to use them, but only one seems to be possible at this point:
1. We put links to the images on a hosting site like Kitty suggested and the user just copies the link to use like a regular image.
2. We get the code for the site and edit the smilies section to include the new images and keywords for them. It should be pretty easy, but that requires actually being able to edit the code which doesn't seem possible at this point...

Well, I think that if there's any code-editing involved it would probably still be done by one of the forum's admins, for security reasons. I don't want to know what would happen if someone like TheBoeingKid got access to the forum code and knew what to do with it. :eek: It'd be nice if those sort of things weren't a concern, though. :)

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Well, I think that if there's any code-editing involved it would probably still be done by one of the forum's admins, for security reasons. I don't want to know what would happen if someone like TheBoeingKid got access to the forum code and knew what to do with it. :eek: It'd be nice if those sort of things weren't a concern, though. :)

Ah I was looking at his profile today. Quite an... interresting specemin...
Anyway, I wouldn't expect the code to just be editable by anyone, but it might be nice if the admins could get a hold of it to edit it. That's not my main priority tho, just a thought.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Juanita" wrote:Anyway, I wouldn't expect the code to just be editable by anyone, but it might be nice if the admins could get a hold of it to edit it. That's not my main priority tho, just a thought.

I see what you mean. :)
"Juanita" wrote:Ah I was looking at his profile today. Quite an... interresting specemin...

That's for sure :lol:

Return to “Fan Creations”