The Sister City Caper

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

The Sister City Caper

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

Here I go again with another crazy crossover. If you can't figure out what I have in mind now, it will become obvious in the next chapter .....

Hamegg glared at Skunk who sat on the bunk opposite his in the small cell. “Once again you've got me into a fine mess!”, he growled at Kuasa who looked the other way, deep in thought.

“Don't blame me,” Skunk voiced, “If you hadn't carelessly left the trash behind, instead of cleaning up after yourself, the police wouldn't have had a clue.”

Hamegg looked up and his made eye contact with the burly policeman that had been standing just outside their cell for the last half minute. “You two clowns just made bail,” he told them as he stuck a key into the lock on their cell door. Skunk tried to hid the look of surprise on his face, and just shrugged his shoulders. “Guess my lucky streak isn't over quite yet,” he told Hamegg.

The two thieves marched along the hallway, their hands chained together by a pair of manacles with the policeman prodded them in their backs with his billy stick. They soon reached the front desk of the police station where a seedy individual was counting out a pile of 1000 yen notes and getting a receipt for them from the police clerk behind the desk. The burly rotund policeman unlocked the handcuffs from the two jailbirds and glared at the man wearing mirrored sunglasses and a dark suit. “They're all yours,” he told the bondsman. “Just make sure they don't skip town or you'll be out a lot of money.”

“No problem,” the man cackled, “I fully expect that the charges against our associates will be dropped rather quickly.”

Hamegg rubbed his wrists once the cuffs had been removed. Kuasa did likewise, and then faced the man who'd just sprung them. “I don't believe I know you,” Skunk said, “I'd like to know to whom I'm indebted to.”

“You'll find out soon enough,” the man said. “I've got a car waiting outside, so let's get going.”

The two cons were shoved into the back seat, and the black sedan sped off into the night. They drove for about an hour, heading further and further away from the city. Skunk didn't see any landmarks that he could recognize, but he could feel the incline of the road had increased, and that the air was getting thinner. Clearly they were now winding their way up a mountain road. Finally they came to a stop in front of a large granite structure that resembled an ancient castle.

“Get out you two, the boss is waiting for you inside,” their driver barked, his face still hidden behind the mirrored glasses. He led Hamegg and Kuasa though the large wooden doors and into large chamber with a single door leading onward. After locking the entrance behind him, the man opened the inner door a crack and disappeared behind it. Moments later he emerged. “The boss will see you now, one at a time,” he said, “You first.” He opened the door and pushed Skunk inside, closing the door behind him.

It was dark inside, and it took Kuasa's eyes at least a minute to adjust. He could see nothing but a dim light ahead of him, and a pathway leading in that direction. The floor was lit by dim lights set low down. As Skunk walked in the direction of the light, he could tell he was in a vast area by the sound of his footsteps reverberating from the distant walls. Ahead illuminated by a dim pool of light, Skunk could make out a desk. As he approached he could see a large, heavyset man sitting on a huge chair resembling a throne, drumming his fingers on the wooden surface of the large desk. The boss's face was hidden by the darkness, and he wore a dark colored shirt and jacket. His right hand and arm was sleeved by a chrome colored metal gauntlet, his left hand was bare, and with that he was stroking the fur of a large cat that sat on the desk in front of him. The feline tuned its head long enough to snarl and hiss at Skunk.

Suddenly the man slammed his metal fist on the table and pointed a chromed finger at Kuasa. “That's close enough!” he bellowed.

Skunk stopped dead in his tracks. He was close enough to hear the cat purring as it was petted, but could still not make out anything more of the man seated in front of him. “Who the hell are you?” Skunk demanded, “and why did you arrange for my release from the police?”

“You're nothing but petty punk thieves, you and your partner,” the man in the iron glove replied. “Yet, you two do seem to have talent, even if you lack brains. You'll be useful in my organization, if you follow orders.”

“And what organization would that be?”, Skunk asked.

“You'll find out soon enough,” came the reply. The man pressed a button on a computer console in front of him, and spoke into it. “Mr. Kuasa is leaving now, take him and Mr. Hamegg to the safe house and make them comfortable.”

Skunk heard the door he'd entered the chamber from reopen behind him. “You can leave now,” the iron fisted man ordered.

“Not until I know who you are,” Skunk insisted.

“You will come to know me as the claw,” the boss replied. He pressed a button and the light pooling on the desk went out. Skunk turned and walked towards the exit as the cat hissed loudly at him.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Re: The Sister City Caper

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

Inspector Tawashi looked Chief Nakamura in the eyes, and wrinkled the skin of his forehead. “I don't like it!” he said. “Why do I have to put up with an American detective poking his nose into my business?”

“The man will be our guest for a week,” Nakamura responded. “I'll be entertaining his boss, Chief Quimby while you're showing the American Inspector around.”

“I still don't like it,” Tawashi barked. “Just what is the purpose of all this?”

“Metro City USA and Metro City Japan singed the 'sister cities' agreement a few weeks ago,” Nakamura explained. “Our mayor met with his counterpart last week in the 'States and they agreed to an exchange of minds, so to speak. After their top police officials see how we do things here in Japan, we will send representatives to America to see a typical few days of police work over there. It should be rather educational, I would think. I understand they don't make much use of robots in the U.S.”

“Now that might be a nice change of pace!”, Tawashi smiled, scratching his chin. “I might even volunteer to be our representative for the inspection of their police force.”

“It's not an inspection,” Nakamura sighed, “Inspector Gadget won't be getting in your way, he'll only be an observer. You won't even know he's there.”

“I'll know,” Tawashi said. “Believe me, I'll know!”

Penny had her computer book sitting on her lap, and she was reading though all of the information that she'd downloaded before they had left. “There's so much to do and see in Japan, Uncle G,” she said. “I want to see the Sumo wrestlers, maybe climb Mt. Fuji, and we have to visit an Onsen bath.”

“Yes, Penny,” Gadget replied, “Japan is a wonderful country, and there is a lot to do and see. I'm afraid that I'll be rather busy though, Chief Quimby will be meeting us shortly after we arrive, and I'm sure he'll want to get right to business. I'm supposed to be working with a detective Tawashi, who's a real gumshoe. He'll probably want to show me how the police force works in Japan, and he'll want to hear all about how we do things in America. I don't know how much time I'll have to spend touristing with you.”

“That's alright, Uncle Gadget,” Penny sighed. “Brain and I will try and keep ourselves busy.”
The ten year old girl looked down at the dog carrier on the floor under her seat where Brain was growling his dislike at his travel accommodations. “I'm sorry Brain,” she sighed, “The airline wouldn't assign a dog a seat, just be glad they didn't put your carrier in the baggage compartment.”
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

My home page

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

Hamegg impatiently weaved his cab around the heavy traffic inside the airport. He repeatedly honked his horn at the other drivers as he aggressively cut in front other taxicabs to make his way to the front of the line for cabs waiting for fares at the international terminal. The weasel like man glanced down at the photograph lying on the seat next to him. He then scanned the line of passengers making their way out of the terminal, but he didn't yet spot his target. Perhaps his plane hadn't yet made it to the terminal.

Dr. Claw had given the former circus ringmaster explicit instructions. “You will be waiting for Gadget when he and his niece arrive on Japanese soil, and you will take them to their hotel. Make sure that you plant the tracking devices inside their luggage, and either be available to pick them up when they leave their hotel, or follow them if they use other transportation. I want to know Gadget's whereabouts for the next few days!”
Hamegg's hands were sweating on the steering wheel as he waited. He'd worked for numerous mobsters before, but he had never been as afraid of anyone before. Dr. Claw gave him the creeps, it was clear that if he screwed up this assignment, the results would be fatal. This Madd organization that Claw was the head of didn't take failure as an option.

Skunk Kuasa felt the sweat dripping down his face, and wished that somebody had thought of installing a better cooling system inside of the robot body that he was now encased inside of. The Delta force robot shell had been carefully reworked to leave room inside for his wirely frame. He barely fit inside of the thing, and with little airflow inside, it was hot. Still the robot suit did offer him some advantages. For one, he could easily smuggle himself into the group of police crowd control robots that were now gathered in the center of the city where a political rally was soon to take place. For another, the suit still contained the Delta force weapons systems that the other police robots were equipped with, and it was also still fully functional as an exoskeleton giving him several times his human strength. The suits jet pack as also fully operational. Skunk just hoped that he wouldn't pass out from the heat and humidity he was suffering with at the moment.

He flipped on the heads up display and saw that he still had another twenty minutes before the armored convoy was due to arrive. Skunk took a deep breath and tried to meditate. He remembered the instructions that Dr. Claw had given him, and shivered. This was the first time that Kuasa had ever felt fear from anybody. He knew he had better not screw up, his very life depended on that.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

My home page

Pushmipullu
Kokoro Robot

Postby Pushmipullu » 6 years ago

Hehe, interesting idea. I like how this is turning out :)

Return to “Fan Creations”