Cosmic Ranger

Re: We're baaaaaack!

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

Holy smokes this looks good.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 6 years ago

Okay, I'll say it: I miss being able to stalk the guests by viewing "Who's Online" :lol:
On vBulletin, you could see a list of everyone viewing the forum at the time, which was generally mostly guests, and it would explicitly tell you what thread they were viewing. I liked using this as a way to randomly choose what thread in any part of the forum to view. On phpBB, you can get it to show you guests on the list as well, but it only says what section of the forum the thread is in that they're viewing, which unfortunately renders this method of random thread selection useless. :lol:
In other notes, horray, we've got our other old emojis back :woot:
It also seems there are now multiple ways to get some of the same emojis now, like w00t and woot both making :woot:, and devil and evil both making :devil:
As well as some new emojis in the same style as what we had on vBulletin. :D

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 6 years ago

Juanita wrote:The background is nice! I like the new look and the little Astro on the bottom of the page. Was he there on the old site? :astro:

He used to be the paragraph divider on the old site. I liked the idea too much to not use it again somewhere :D

Kitty Lue wrote:On vBulletin, you could see a list of everyone viewing the forum at the time, which was generally mostly guests, and it would explicitly tell you what thread they were viewing.

There doesn't seem to be any way around that currently. To be honest I'm a little surprised at how many features phpBB lacks compared to a 14 year old version of vBulletin :?

jeffbert wrote:still cannot get ATTACHMENTS to wrrk. :cry:

Attachments should be working again :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 6 years ago

CAPTION GAME 1.jpg
CAPTION GAME 1.jpg (38.55 KiB) Viewed 3826 times

A new button has just now appeared: {PLACE ONLINE}, THIS made it work, thanks!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

On a separate subject, on the old system, only mods could edit posts after 24 hours. As an ex-mod, I recall there was a good reason for that restriction. As one who is no longer a mod, I must mention that I just edited a 5 day old post.

Mark
Administrator

jeffbert wrote:On a separate subject, on the old system, only mods could edit posts after 24 hours. As an ex-mod, I recall there was a good reason for that restriction. As one who is no longer a mod, I must mention that I just edited a 5 day old post.

Ooh I forgot about that. The 24 hour limit has been reinstated.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I just had to open my big mouth. :P

:o I just noticed that the filename appears below attached images. This is perhaps confusing in the caption games, but even if not, it is unsightly. :hyo:

Mark
Administrator

jeffbert wrote::o I just noticed that the filename appears below attached images. This is perhaps confusing in the caption games, but even if not, it is unsightly. :hyo:

Consider them gone :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 6 years ago

Mark wrote:
jeffbert wrote::o I just noticed that the filename appears below attached images. This is perhaps confusing in the caption games, but even if not, it is unsightly. :hyo:

Consider them gone :)

Yeah! :woot: Oddly enough I hadn't thought of mentioning that even though I'd noticed it since the first couple days back, but that does look nicer now that they're gone.

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 6 years ago

I just realized that there is no option to edit my old own posts.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”