08, Where Did Dad Go (JETTER MARS)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

Re: 08, Where Did Dad Go (JETTER MARS)

Postby AstroStar24 » 4 years ago

:cry: Poor Mars... Not only did his just lose his creator, he and his family were also evicted from their house!

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Postby Genshi-san » 4 years ago

the quality is gorgeous, id love to get this release someday, only issue is its 300$

AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

I've just watched the episode recently, and I have to say, it's pretty emotional! And while the episode's ending wasn't as much of a downer as I originally thought, it still is quite tear-jerking. Mars is released from the Ministry of Science, leaving him free to live with Miri and Dr. Kamashiro, but he lost his creator Dr. Yamanoue. And just as their relationship was starting to improve too! Losing someone you love, especially if it's your father, is truly a terrible, terrible thing to go through! :cry:

AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

If you thought Mars was put through the wringer in this episode, then wait till you see what he goes through in the next episode... :cry:

BBally
Metro City Citizen

Postby BBally » 4 years ago

I remember feeling really shocked when I saw this episode, at the time I hard a hard time imagining a character who had very comedic moments (which Dr. Y had a lot of them) ever getting killed off in a cartoon, that was usually reserved for more serious characters in my experience at the time.
Badre El Amir Bally

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”