Astro voice actor here

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

hi- thanks fafner- love your signature message at the bottom of your post

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bob Gonzalez » 14 years ago

"fafner" wrote:I have a server on which I have total control ( no "negociation" with some jerk sysadmin, I AM the sysadmin :D ) . You could upload files there in the meantime.

Thanks, Fafner. I'll have to get with you about the url and the means of uploading when I am ready to post some material.

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Re: Astro voice actor here

Postby Genshi-san » 4 years ago

i know im eleven years late lol but you mentioned on an old topic (viewtopic.php?t=4299) "We did the two-hour pilot " 2 hours? the first and second episodes combined are about 44 mins give or take, im guesing you worked with a longer cut? perhaps incorporating robot circus and save the classmates for an hour+ cut, if you still have your "dvd copies" id be extremely interested in checking them out, tho i get if you are legally unable to share such material i understand and respect that., the 80's series meant alot to me and still dose, its what got me interested in anime, its what got me intrested in persuing editing as a hobby, its one of the oldest shows i can remeber watching, i know most dialoque off by heart, and ive even come to owning a few cels from the first and second episodes, aswell as a japanese dialoque script (witch is a draft), i know you havent been active in 6 months but i hope you hear and see this, even tho actors around that time where not treated well, incorrectly credited or straight up no credits at all, and going under stage names to avoid unions, but id like to let you know i enjoyed your portrayal of skunk, it was very close to original, all of the cast did and tried their best, and that's all i could have asked for, i just want to say thank you :)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 4 years ago

I've just contacted the licenced distributors of the 80s series in Australia (Madman Entertainment) and asked them if they can release the lost dub here. Many years ago they released the subtitled version of the cut footage, so they have a history of high quality releases and going the extra mile for anime fans.

Also, looks like I wasn't around when Bob was posting here years ago. What a great job he did with the voice of Daddy Walrus! Especially when he was dealing with the media and Alvin's mum in Save The Classmate, getting drunk in Uran The Tomboy, pretending to be Sam Bannister PI in Goliath's Head, and especially whenever he was dealing with Skunk! :lol:

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

sad the madman restoration was piss poor imo, the "color correcting" job that was done was horrendous, i get it was to get the LD master footage to match the quite badly degraded creditless opening but it should have been left untouched, not ot mention the incorrect use of the eras font, creating an intro more like the japanese original rather than the dub, and the removal of the episode previews, im considering restoring the thing myself using the bluray audio and the jp dvd's, only thing's id need are the missing previews end cards, birth of astroboy's ep 2 preview's audio, and that's about it, the intro can be reanimated till it cuts to atom flying towards the camera, rest should be easy.

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 4 years ago

I'm checking back for the first time in too long. I want to say that all you fans are wonderful. Thank you so much!

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

jayrath wrote:I'm checking back for the first time in too long. I want to say that all you fans are wonderful. Thank you so much!

thank you :)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Madman tell me they can't release the lost dub without permission from Japan, but it's been forwarded to the product managers. Maybe Jay could send them a note with his contact details?

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/knowl ... od=support

It would be amazing to see an official release. Maybe a 40th anniversary thing if the current round of reboots and the Pluto anime raise hype?

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

DrFrag wrote:Madman tell me they can't release the lost dub without permission from Japan, but it's been forwarded to the product managers. Maybe Jay could send them a note with his contact details?

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/knowl ... od=support

It would be amazing to see an official release. Maybe a 40th anniversary thing if the current round of reboots and the Pluto anime raise hype?

40th anv is next year, id LOVE to see an official restoration, but considering madman's trackrecord with the last release ehhh, tho i wouldent hold it against them

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I've been really happy with their releases, but that's coming off the back of the Siren VHS edition and taping it off the TV. :D Honestly I'd be fine with them sticking subtitles on the Japanese Blurays and adding the lost dub, but the dream would be a commentary track from Jay and the others.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”