The character that makes Astroboy great

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
KELPIE

Postby KELPIE » 21 years ago

I just thought that I should remind everyone who the greatest character that the Astro franchise has ever seen.....

It's Jump.

Man what can't he do, he's a great comedian, protects Astro and Co. Is very loyal and can even stand on his head :P

All I can say is that he had better be in the new series and in the new movie :D

Go Jump!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

Jump is cool; but I noted an unexplained thing: Jump initially Rejects Atom, and I would think that his lacking a human scent, and particularly Toby's (Tobio's) scent. Why then does he greet him with eagerness and licking when Atom moves in with mama and papa? :unsure:

Refers to color remake version.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

At the end of the first episode when Astro leaves the hospital, Jump growls at him. Astro encourages Jump to come with him and Jump follows. I think at that point Jump accepts him.

Here is a picture of the characters from the new series.
http://astroboy.jp/c/009/chara/index.html
I don't see Jump in it, and is that a pet robot ostrich?!? It looks like Astro's dad is now blonde.

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

Hi,
That's right. All the kids, including the blonde boy (looks older hu?) are Astro's classmates and he meets them in Episode 4 title "Denko" when Astro starts going to school. They had to refresh many details to create a new kind of series I think. Other hand it will be just remake after remake just using new techniques. As i said before, all the Astro series have a different flavor, enjoy them all!. By the way Episode 4 show some sort of Holodeck where kids learn history.
JL

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Here I am thinking what a babe Astro's mum has become! :lol:

miss_spite
Kokoro Robot

Postby miss_spite » 21 years ago

hi, im just new here...but when does the new series start?....btw........i have a tattoo of astro boy on my right shoulder :D

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Hi Miss Spite

I have a cousin with an Astroboy tattoo. And the designer of the Astroboy Forever forums has an Astroboy tattoo. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm not that much of a fan myself!

I believe the new series is due to air in English around September. The official timing is "fall", but I guess it depends where you live.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

Hey tokyo21, you mean the large male standing behind Uran is that over sized brat Alvin? As much as I think Atomu ought to have a mama and papa, I must admit that in all 52 episodes, Kathy gave Atomu as much tender loving care as mama did. While mama gave him a replacement for his dented noggin (head), Kathy did something that was meant to soothe, and no more than that. She stroked his eyelids, as she sat upon his bed. Clearly, this was physically unnecessary, but nevertheless she, who had found so little time in the past to train him, now found herself willingly spending time with him. She no more saw him as a responsibility she would rather not have, no more as a robot, but as a little boy whose needs activated her maternal instinct to nurture. Yet, only the robot Ivan ever tucked him in bed (as far as the series showed the viewers anyway). Atomu's parents are shown only as background characters, they are never really involved in any plot, except when Atlas steals them (although they have not been activated). But if Atomu has no parents, how and why is Uran brought into the story? :angry:

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

jeffbert,
Actually I've been thinking about that same question myself, how is Uran going to fit in this version?. It seems that they have get rid of Astro's parents and so far all emotional attachments are his school friends (and a couple other friends that he has made so far outside school) and of course Ochanomizu sensei. The last episode was quite heavy emotionally (*highlight for spoiler* [COLOR=blue]) He's still like a baby, emotionally, and is affected very easily if something bad happens, he's harrased at school constantly by some kids just beacuse he is a robot, this fits withing the overall theme of multiculturalism and acceptance. So far he has learn more from his friends and self experience than from Ochanomizu.... hmmm this is going to be a long series (i hope! ;) so I guess that things will develop slowly, I don't see any parents for Astro in this series (MAYBE AT THE END???!!! I'm just speculating here hehe) love this Astro so far though.
more thoughs later...hmm... <_<

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”