Hips .... or Butt!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

:cry: That is a real shame. :cry: His backside/ derriere/ rump/ fanny [U.S. slang]/ behind/ seat of his pants/ posterior/ seat of correction (where the paddle turns the skin red) guns were part of what made him so cute. Who else but a little kid would have a weapon in such an undignified place as that? :lol: A nine year old with the short round proportions of a toddler, a waistband that was nearly up to his under arms, and huge (tall and innocent) eyes, big round face, tiny nose and mouthImage Imagewas not cute enough for Osama, so he put a dual fifty caliber machine gun in his bottom/ rear-end/ sitting place, as icing on the 'cuteness' cake. ImageAlthough his fights were serious, every time he opened up with his machine guns, I found myself snickering. :lol: It was just plain silly, in the same way as little kids' store-bought Halloween costumes. Who else but a very young person would wear something so dumb? A one-piece costume with an action scene on the tummy, a vertical opening in the back like Denis the Menace' rear-entry blanket sleeper, and a cute mask. As silly as these costumes were, the kids wearing them would begin to act out the personalities of the characters, thinking themselves as being those characters. So, Astro Boy had a weapon in the most undignified place possible. Notice that the adult form of Atlas did not retain his own tail/ back side/ tush mounted machine guns. :lol:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

Uh... "fanny" means something different in Australia. :wacko:

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

What does it mean? ^^

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I will edit my post, and if anyone wonders about to what you refer, tough. :P

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

Phew. Thank's for getting me out of that awkward situation, jeffbert. :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I rencently took 6 semester hours in communication studies, and I know how words' meanings can vary even within a country. As for me, I speak regular American English. :D

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

It's a shame that he won't have machine gund in his butt/hips anymore. As silly as it looked, it actually comes in handy. Like if he's being chased or if he's carrying someone or something.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I think the silliness was the whole point of the bottom-mounted machine guns. :D

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

when i saw the mechine guns on his butt i laughed so much,
but later i found out that there realy coming out of his hips

lol

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”