Can you draw Astro

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

Following these instructions, here is my first attempt at drawing Astro:

His chin's too big and his eyes aren't right, but I'm pretty happy with the hair.

Give it a shot and post your results here!

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Drawing Astro in side perspective is far beyond my abilities, so I tried with the frontal view:

No chance.

:cry:

Even from here I can hear adrian_67 laughing about my try of drawing Astro. :lol:
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

The good thing about a crap first attempt is that everyone will marvel at your improvements. :D

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

I will NEVER EVER try to scan my drawings... I'm too afraid the scanner could break down during the operation :wacko:
Originally posted by Strange Wings+Apr 17 2005, 12:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strange Wings @ Apr 17 2005, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Even from here I can hear adrian_67 laughing about my try of drawing Astro. :lol: [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin--DrFrag
@Apr 17 2005, 12:51 PM
The good thing about a crap first attempt is that everyone will marvel at your improvements. :D [/quote]
Now I hear adrian_67's laughing faint: he/she knows that at his/her level, improvement is much more difficult. Improvement is the bad drawers' privilege :P However, I'm afraid that even with my very bad level improvement is beyond hope :o
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Originally posted by fafner@Apr 17 2005, 02:30 PM
I will NEVER EVER try to scan my drawings... I'm too afraid the scanner could break down during the operation :wacko:

:D
Don't tell me! Mine went out of the room crying while I was scanning my art.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Strange Wings@Apr 17 2005, 04:15 PM
Don't tell me! Mine went out of the room crying while I was scanning my art.

Poor, poor, poor scanners... such terrible fate to have to scan inhumanly deformed pictures of Astro :cry: Just to tell you, I was unabled to completly finish the 2 attempts I made because they were way too much distorded :wacko:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Strange Wings@Apr 17 2005, 09:40 PM
Drawing Astro in side perspective is far beyond my abilities, so I tried with the frontal view:

No chance.

:cry:

Even from here I can hear adrian_67 laughing about my try of drawing Astro. :lol:

:wahah: Hey that's cute, just draw the hair spikes a little bit bigger and it's perfect.

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 19 years ago

I probably stink at drawing Astro.
I could try, though.
The best thing I'm good at drawing Astro is the outline, eyes, ears and maybe the body.
I wish I could show you my picture, but the scanner isn't hooked up... :(

Thank you, you're too kind.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

Originally posted by fafner@Apr 17 2005, 12:05 PM
Poor, poor, poor scanners... such terrible fate to have to scan inhumanly deformed pictures of Astro :cry: Just to tell you, I was unabled to completly finish the 2 attempts I made because they were way too much distorded :wacko:

Hey, that's not a good excuse! :P I'm BAD at drawing, I mean really really BAD! I have not improved since I am about 8!

BUT with the instructions given from DrFrag's link, here is what I got:

It's not great but for somebody like me, who never draws anymore, it's not that bad. It took me maybe 10 minutes (and half an hour remembering how to use my scanner softare.... :wacko: ).

I think you should try again! ;) Just don't try to keep going if you have a bad start, make corrections on your lines before and you should be alright. Go go go fafner! :wahah:

Return to “Fan Creations”