How to manipulate a computer

Off topic discussion.
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

This is how a computer is meant to be used:
http://www.thestylemachine.com/metele/index.html

AAAaaaahhhhh!!! feel better now B)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 19 years ago

That is so funny. I've been known to smack the side of my computer a few times. With that I can destroy it and not have to pay to fix it. A great stress reliever. :D :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

I have broken a few (real) keyboards during the recent years, all repaired though :D The best way I found against breaking my keyboards was to buy an expensive wireless keyboard and mouse: the price retained my fist at the last moment :P
What I love here is that after a few hits on the keyboard, a blue screen appears on the screen, that unlike the genuine ones can really be removed by smacking the computer :wahah: However the trick does not last for long :o
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

I hadn't seen what was happening at the end at first! :P

I'm lucky, my computer has its moments once in a while but 99% of the time, I'm stable (with Windows, believe it or not)!

I did break my desk's keyboard shelf once by pushing it too hard under the desk in a moment of rage... :unsure: The shelf wouldn't let me pull it again, I must have scared it! :D

Spiffy Knight
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spiffy Knight » 19 years ago

That was the most fun I've had in like... 3 months. no joke! HAHAAH

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by fafner@Sep 6 2005, 01:44 PM
I have broken a few (real) keyboards during the recent years, all repaired though :D The best way I found against breaking my keyboards was to buy an expensive wireless keyboard and mouse: the price retained my fist at the last moment :P
What I love here is that after a few hits on the keyboard, a blue screen appears on the screen, that unlike the genuine ones can really be removed by smacking the computer :wahah: However the trick does not last for long :o

Back in my C++ days, I also pounded 1 keyboard into dust. :P

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

So far I had been very lucky not to break anything seriously, however I once smashed my fist on the shelf on which I used to operate with my mouse. The shelf broke in 4 pieces and the mouse flew in a bow of 3 meters across the room.

My hand was aching for 2 days, but the mouse is still working :P .
Fujitsu Electronics seem to produce solid periphery. :unsure:
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Originally posted by jeffbert+Sep 11 2005, 12:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jeffbert @ Sep 11 2005, 12:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Back in my C++ days, I also pounded 1 keyboard into dust. :P [/b]

I never broke anything while developping. I am becoming much more dangerous while playing :huh: I often insult the computer, and sometimes, depending on the device I use to play, knock the mouse on the desk or hit the keyboard :P
<!--QuoteBegin--Strange Wings
@Sep 11 2005, 11:41 AM
So far I had been very lucky not to break anything seriously, however I once smashed my fist on the shelf on which I used to operate with my mouse. The shelf broke in 4 pieces and the mouse flew in a bow of 3 meters across the room.[/quote]
Although it had nothing to do with computer science, I once knocked a ruler on my table when I was at school. It broke into 3 pieces of about 10 cm each: the first one remained in my hand, the second one flew a few meters away, and the last one hit the opposite wall :wacko: I kept one of the pieces to draw lines, after all a line can be drawn in multiple parts ^_^
... and... I was not eager to tell my parents how I had broken it :unsure:

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

Originally posted by fafner+Sep 11 2005, 06:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Sep 11 2005, 06:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I never broke anything while developping. I am becoming much more dangerous while playing :huh: I often insult the computer, and sometimes, depending on the device I use to play, knock the mouse on the desk or hit the keyboard :P [/b]

And you call that "playing"? :P

<!--QuoteBegin--fafner
@Sep 11 2005, 06:05 AM
Although it had nothing to do with computer science, I once knocked a ruler on my table when I was at school. It broke into 3 pieces of about 10 cm each: the first one remained in my hand, the second one flew a few meters away, and the last one hit the opposite wall :wacko: I kept one of the pieces to draw lines, after all a line can be drawn in multiple parts ^_^
... and... I was not eager to tell my parents how I had broken it :unsure:
[/quote]
May I ask what had happened...? :unsure:

Gaytastic_Chick
Kokoro Robot

Postby Gaytastic_Chick » 19 years ago

:lol: Heehees, that's such an amusing game.

Return to “General Discussion”